Prodesign has been engaged in green building design and sustainability for many years now and help local companies implement sustainable practices through frameworks like LEED certification.
With financing opportunity from SUNREF, we are accompanying clients in their application procedures. The application consists of the submission of a technical report and other considerations which require the input of a sustainability expert. The technical report includes energy simulation using approved software, identifying qualifiable sustainable solutions and technologies to adapt to and mitigate climate change, water efficiency solutions implemented, energy efficiency in lighting and HVAC installations among others. The report we produce is in line with SUNREF recommendations.
The MCB is in partnership with AFD providing a Green Loan for sustainable development projects with numerous benefits such as:
- Preferential interest rates
- An investment grant of 5% on climate change mitigation projects – the use of renewable energy, energy efficiency equipment and installations
- 15% on climate change adaptation projects – water saving installations, rainwater harvesting, seawater desalination, thermal insulation
- Repayment period of 4 years minimum
- Financing of up to 100% of investment, subject to eligibility criteria
We see this incentive from AFD as a great way for private sector companies to get a financial help in accelerating their sustainability ambitions and contribute to the national and worldwide effort in increasing our resilience to climate change.